Friday, October 24, 2014

THE BEST BEER IN THE ICEBOX RIGHT NOW: LONGBOARD

Since I'm sure everyone was dying to know, I've decided to make this a recurring segment. Every now and again I'm gonna do a feature on which beer I'm currently enjoying. Now, let me just say that I'm no DRUNK. I ain't talking about sitting around a funky bar until I'm stumbling through East Point to my humble abode. I'm just saying, that between flipping through cable news channels with the fervor of a junkie; I like to kick back with the latest episode of Doctor Who or re-runs of Farscape with a cold one.

You're probably wondering what makes me qualified to weigh in on best beers. Well, I'm a bit of a connoisseur. I have a discerning taste for the good stuff. Not the $1.50 head-busting swill, mind you, the stuff that's decent. I'm an average joe--Average Black Man, to be exact; so, I'm like you--minus the football addiction. A good beer, a good cigar, a good car mag and I'm straight. Anyways, enough about me and how I spend my lazy days. Right now, my fridge is stocked with Longboards.

Nope, not the ones you plunge into the beautiful waters of Hawaii with; the cold, refreshing ones that I stumbled upon one day while roaming the isles of my local dispensary looking for something new. Longboard Island Lager is manufactured by the Kona Brewing Company in Kailua-Kona on Hawaii's Big Island since 1995. Smooth and refreshing, it goes well with hot wings, pizza, or heavily onioned chilli dogs. That's my opinion anyway. Maybe I'm partially opining for the beautiful beaches of the Big Island, but I love the stuff. If your looking for a comparison, think smooth as Dos Equis and as refreshing as a Budweiser.

Ok, I'm off the soap box and you are totally up on it. Go out and grab some. They've got the Average Black Man's seal of approval.





0 comments: